After determining the appropriate financial needs of your family or loved one, there are several services that may make sense for the short- or long-term management of your aging loved one’s finances. Aging Life offers many options to help with issues that may arise around financials, including daily money management or moving into a new living situation.
As we age, it can be harder to keep up with the daily costs of living, including monthly bills, medications, and figuring out Social Security benefits. The Aging Life daily money management program is especially attractive to those seniors who are not ready to give up control of their finances, but would like some assistance handling their daily money matters. Families can have peace of mind knowing that the assistance their loved one receives is provided by a licensed, bonded, and insured group of professionals.
Your financial manager will begin by assessing your situation, organizing your documents, and beginning to streamline your bill payment process.
Once this initial assessment has been completed, you will meet with your financial manager as needed. During these meetings, you will be working together to complete the following services:
- Reviewing and paying monthly bills on time
- Reconciling bank and investment statements
- Organizing paperwork and mail
- Insurance review
- Benefits and Medicaid/Medicare enrollment
- Selection of healthcare and prescription plans
- Budget development
- Asset and personal property inventory
- Asset and property management
- Coordination of tax documentation and assistance filing tax returns
- Providing monthly financial statements
- Fraud victim advocacy
- Community financial resource coordination and education
- Reviewing and monitoring (EOBs) Explanation of Benefits
If you or a senior you care about
- needs frequent assistance paying bills
- has misplaced critical paperwork and financial documentation
- is overwhelmed by his/her financial situation
Aging Life can help!
Moving out of your home can be overwhelming and difficult both logistically and emotionally for you and your family, especially as a senior. Aging Life is here to help you or your loved one with this transition from start to finish. Whether you are downsizing and moving to a smaller home or looking to move into an independent, assisted, or memory community, Aging Life can help guide you and your family to make the best move to fit your needs.
When anticipating a move from your home, our financial managers will assist you and your family with the evaluation of affordable living options based on your individual needs, work with your care team to ensure a positive move experience, and assist by coordinating all aspects on the ground including collaboration with the following:
- Estate Liquidators
- Redirection of bills
- Handyman repairs
We are here to help!